Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recipe Test: Vegetable Pizza Crisp

Credit: health.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Olive oil
  • Onion
  • Phyllo dough (there IS whole wheat out there!)
  • Cooking spray (I used my olive oil sprayer ... you could also brush melted butter on the phyllo dough)
  • Blue Cheese (I used feta b/c Hubby HATES blue or as he calls it "stank cheese")
  • Roasted red bell peppers (calls for a jar but next time I think I'll roast my own)
  • Sun dried tomatoes
  • Arugula

So ... I made a critical error here.  Hubby called around noon to just say hi and said "What's for dinner tonight?" ... I replied "It's kind of like pizza ... cheese and veggies on phyllo dough" ... 

So all he heard was PIZZA.  So though I personally really liked this recipe it did not receive "hubby approval".   His response ... "you advertised this as pizza... this is NOT pizza"   Whoops!  

The only thing I'd change is to brush melted butter on the phyllo dough instead of spray - I think they are going for low calorie / "light" - it ends up not sticking together and too flakey vs. a true crust you can pick up.   Otherwise pretty easy and damn good!



LOTS of veggies!  


View from above

Add a salad of even more veggies, a glass of water and there's dinner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.