Sunday, March 3, 2013

Recipe Test: Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies

Credit: shape.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Quinoa
  • Peanut Butter 
  • Honey
  • Rolled Oats
  • Shredded coconut (unsweetened of course!)
  • Vegan chocolate chips

I think there must have been a couple of mistakes in this recipe because I found that to have the batter stick together you needed closer to a cup of the peanut butter and cooking at 170 degrees for an hour did not cook anything.  I ended up putting them on 300 degrees for another 1/2 hour and that worked.  


Above as they went back in the oven for that extra 30 minutes & below the end result. 


Of course Hubby would not wait until they cooled to try one no matter how much I b*tched at him.  My nagging falls on deaf ears ... actually I think it makes him worse.  Will that make me stop nagging?  Of course not!   They are good - a little chewy granola bar-esque.  The coconut is a great little addition to the flavor.  I think adding nuts may be good too.  The chocolate chips are vegan but they do have cane sugar so are not 'whole / real' but the main sweetener here is honey.   

Hubby approved & worth trying!  It's no Chips Ahoy but it is really nice to have something sweet like this and yet still know you are getting good nutrition out of it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.