Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recipe Test: Creamy Broccoli-White Bean Soup

Credit: wholeliving.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Broccoli
  • Olive oil
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Cannellini beans
  • Vegetable or Chicken stock
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Pine nuts
  • Parmesan cheese
This was a recipe I thought would be easy to make ahead and use for lunch.  I'm packing Hubby's lunch this week since he's participating in this almost 100% veggie goal for the week.   I was right!


For the record the blender did survive after that nasty smoothie and is going strong ... just needed a little rest.  


Basically just broccoli, onions and white beans!  Soooo easy! 


I found I had to season it quite a bit with salt & pepper but that and then throwing in the pinenuts and a little parm ... ooooooh it was good!   Hubby not only approved but demanded three times "WEEKLY ROTATION!"  "MAKE THIS ONCE A WEEK!"  "BROCCOLI SOUP NEXT WEEK!"    Cracks me up - he definitely lets me know when he likes something.  Of course sadly he also lets me know when he doesn't!  Eh - such is life with Hubby.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.