Saturday, March 16, 2013

Recipe Test: Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomato Salad with Chickpeas

Credit: afarmerinthedell.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Cauliflower
  • Broccoli
  • Sun dried tomatoes
  • Kalamata olives
  • Chickpeas
  • Garlic
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Olive oil
  • Salt & pepper

I chose this recipe because it was in line with our goal of almost 100% fruits / veggies for the week.  It was really good.  I think next time I'll add fewer sundried tomatoes as their flavor kind of overtook the rest a bit.  On purpose I only used part of the balsamic vinegar the recipe called for ... after the recent veggie dishes that I found too seasoned I thought I'd play it safe - glad I did!   I must say I LOVE the taste of roasted broccoli! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.