Sunday, March 31, 2013

Recipe Test: Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

Credit:  dashingdish.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Chickpeas
  • Parsley
  • Red bell pepper
  • Tomatoes
  • Olives
  • Feta Cheese
  • Red onion
  • Lemon
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Garlic
  • Yogurt
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Stevia (I left out)
  • English cucumber

Hubby was out of town on business so this was my bachelorette dinner night.  An easy salad.  Once again my picture sucks compared to the one on the original site:


 But alas I'm no photographer.  I mean seriously ... how do all these blogs have what look like professional photographers on staff?   Nope - not me!  No photographer here ... just little old me.



 Dinner was eggplant dip (previous recipe- yummy!) with whole wheat pita and this salad.  Pretty good & Hubby scoffed down all the leftovers as soon as he got home so the extras didn't go to waste.

 Speaking of scoffing down leftovers ... My fat boy below raiding what his little (though bigger in terms of height) brother left in the food bowl.   Just like his momma this boy needs to get OUTSIDE and get some activity to slim down!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.