Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recipe Test: Glowing Green Smoothie

Credit:  www.fitsugar.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Water
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Celery
  • Spinach
  • Apple
  • Pear
  • Banana
  • Lemon
  • Cilantro
  • Parsley
So in my quest for a Mostly Fruit & Veggies March I thought a smoothie for lunch might be a good idea.  Saw this recipe and gave it a try ... 


An ENTIRE head of romaine lettuce to start!!!   Turned into ... green slime....


Added other ingredients and then ... MORE GREENS in the form of cilantro & parsley: 


At this point my poor blender is clearly a little pooped and almost full to the top!  How is this one serving?! 

Not pictured ... where my Blender simply refused to go on ... so I had to switch to the food processor to finish up!   Poor Blender ... I haven't tried it again yet - I do hope it is not dead for good! 


Here is what the end result looked like!  I know ... more of a veggie soup or puree than what I'd call a smoothie.  Aren't smoothies supposed to be ... I don't know  ... um ... SMOOTH!?  This was more like eating an already chewed salad.  

I dig the idea of getting all those great greens but next time we will be juicing ... I'll surely throw greens into a frozen fruit smoothie but this was not something I'll do again.  I'd rather eat all that raw in a salad than this puree of nasty.   Don't get me wrong ... I did it!  Finished the whole damn thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.