Saturday, March 2, 2013

Recipe Test: Honey Beer Bread

Credit: lululuathome.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Flour (I used white whole wheat)
  • Baking powder
  • Sugar (I just used more honey)
  • Salt
  • Honey
  • Beer (found a honey wheat at Whole Foods that I could buy just one can)
  • Butter

This sounded so weird I had to try!   The original recipe calls for all purpose (white) flour and sugar so I did alter it a bit.   The picture looked sooooo yummy I thought it was worth giving it a try: 

Photo Credit: lululuathome.com
It was really easy - done mixing and in the oven in no time and with little mess.  Unfortunately I think this is one recipe where substituting whole wheat just doesn't work ... 


It smelled wonderful but it was incredibly dense and for some reason I thought it would be sweet where as it was very beer flavored.  Hubby did another "hmmmm ... this is ... interesting" reaction.  Then ate 75% of it.  I honestly just had one slice and didn't go back for more.  It wasn't bad - it just wasn't my thing with such a beer flavor to it.  If you are not on a whole foods diet and open to using white flour it may be worth a try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.