Sunday, March 24, 2013

Recipe Test: Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Credit: cooklisacook.blogspot.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Cauliflower
  • Egg
  • Mozzarella
  • Italian seasoning
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Toppings added (not in recipe): 
  • Italian sausage
  • Mushrooms
  • Kale Chips 

First you have to make "Cauli-rice" (there is a link to instructions on the recipe)

 Can you believe that other than Cauliflower this is ALL that is in the crust?!  Just some eggs, spices and cheese.


Cauli-Rice is just finely chopped up cauliflower.   Then you have to put it in a kitchen towel and get out as much moisture as possible. 


I chose some nice sweet italian sausage from whole foods and mushrooms as toppings.



Below is the 'crust' all set out on the pan ...



Funny looking - isn't it?


Above:  Right before put in the oven ... looking more like pizza! 



When done added crispy kale chips on top for some greens!! 


YUM!  I think that I can get the crust crispier next time.  Though kale was a good idea and tasted good I'll probably use different toppings next time.  It tasted a little of cauliflower but honestly not much!  Worth trying if you are interested!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.