Saturday, March 16, 2013

Recipe Test: Roasted Eggplant and White Bean Dip

Credit: thelemonbowl.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Eggplant
  • Cannellini beans
  • Olive oil
  • Tahini
  • Salt & pepper
  • Lemon juice
  • Garlic
  • Cumin

This was soooo good I forgot to take my own picture.  Below is the picture from the original recipe.  It was really easy to make too!  I've actually got it on the plan for this coming week so will add my own pics later.  This was one of our planned lunches for the week because it would be so easy to pack up for Hubby for lunch.  He actually called me from work to tell me how good it was.  Of course he felt the need to yell "BA BA GANOOOOOOSH!" into the phone when I answered - he's such a goof ball!  He then again let me know that weekly I could make him Broccoli Soup and now I could add this to the menu too.   I of course informed him that this 'me making your lunch' thing is NOT going to continue past this week.  Wait - you say?  But you have it on the menu for this week?  Yes ... and Broccoli Soup too.   But I stand firm that it is because I want them for lunches ... it will just have a side-effect of a happy Hubby.  FINE!  You caught me ... I am kind of a sucker for the big ape.  Just don't tell him that!  

Photo Credit: thelemonbowl.com
Later:  My own pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.