Monday, March 25, 2013

Recipe Test: Lazy Sunday Casserole

Credit:  kayotic.nl/blog

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Sausage
  • Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Bell Pepper
  • Onion
  • Fennel 
  • Garlic
  • Oil (I used Olive)
  • Pepper
  • Italian herbs
  • Chicken broth
  • Balsamic vinegar

A cold day with more snow and this was the perfect dinner!  I've never had fennel before - it smells like licorice!  Not a strong flavor of it though - pretty interesting.  This was easy to make.  really the chopping of the veggies was the most work. That and just the in and out of the oven part.  Worth the effort though! 


Check out the swirls of steam I captured coming off it!  It smelled GREAT coming out of the oven.


The sausages turned out a bit dry but otherwise it was perfect!   I was worried the balsamic vinegar would overpower the flavor like some of the other veggie dishes I've made lately but it didn't.  The feeling this mean gave me was definitely one of 'comfort food'.  Hubby approved and requested it be on the 'rotation'.   We have a rotation?  News to me!   I approve too though so will make again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.