Sunday, March 24, 2013

Recipe Test: Stuffed Portobellas (Breakfast for Dinner)

Credit: whatscookingmexico.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Egg
  • Portobella mushrooms
  • Olive oil
  • Dill
  • Rosemary
  • Basil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
If you wish:  Add avocado & cheese!  

I had this meal twice this week because Hubby was feeling lousy and didn't eat.  The first time I did it as the recipe said in the oven ... something is clearly wrong with the 300 degrees for 12 minutes because it took more like 30!   Good though.  


The 2nd time I roasted only the mushroom in some olive oil and then just put avocado and a sunny side up egg on top of it.   Much easier and just as tasty!  


Note the bread is also home-made!  I'm so excited about that bread I've had to stop myself from eating too much of it.  Works perfectly in the toaster.  WILL be making it again!   I'll put the recipe up shortly! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.