Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recipe Test: Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

Credit: bonafood.blogspot.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Quinoa
  • Yogurt or Cottage Cheese
  • Mango
  • Berries
  • Chopped Nuts
  • Honey

In looking for a breakfast option that would be quick but also include a lot of fruits I found this one.  Just a little quinoa - 1/4 cup.  Some yogurt or cottage cheese - just a few tablespoons.  Some nuts ... I also threw in some sunflower seeds.  Add a half of a mango and handfull of blueberries ... drizzle some honey on top - stir and YUMMY!   I've had this twice this week.  I made the quinoa on Sunday - enough to last me ... probably too much considering how little this calls for but the point was more fruits than the rest.   Keeps me full through to lunch and I love the texture mix of this.  Give it a try ... so many versions you could play with in terms of fruit and nuts, etc.  Have a feeling this will become a regular go to!   Could honestly work as a kind of desert as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.