Friday, May 31, 2013

Recipe Test: Raw Vegan Tacos

Credit:  astivegan.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Collard greens
  • Almonds
  • Cumin
  • Coriander
  • Chili powder
  • Olive oil
  • Garlic
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Tomatoes
  • Raw olives (I left out this time)
  • Avocado
  • Cilantro

I know what you are thinking ... vegan tacos?!  I thought so too but figured what the hell - give it a try and see.   I'm glad I did because I LOVED these!  No - not just liked ... loved!  The taco sauce made with the nuts and spices is awesome.  Just two filled me up which isn't surprising when you think about it because we are talking about a small avocado, a roma tomato, two collard green leaves and ground nuts in olive oil.  

This WILL be a repeat recipe!  And the great thing - it takes no time to make.  Other than the food processor for the sauce, knife, cutting board and your dinner plate you use no pots, pans, dishes! Just roll them up like a burrito or hold like a soft taco and you are good to go!   I liked it so much I forced Hubby to try it ... he looked at it at first like that would be pure and utter torture but he did it AND liked them!  

Whodathunkit?  Raw ... Vegan ... and YUMMY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.