Friday, May 31, 2013

Recipe Test: Sushi Bowl with Asparagus & Avocado

Credit: tastespace.wordpress.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Brown rice (short grain)
  • Asparagus
  • Orange
  • Lemon
  • Agave nectar (I used honey)
  • Soy sauce
  • Rice vinegar
  • Avocado
  • Sesame seeds (I was out so substituted with chia seeds)
  • Nori


Sushi without the actual sushi?  Yep!  No raw fish here - though I do love me some sashimi it is not something I don't think I'll ever make it at home.  This actually did taste like sushi when you got all of the tastes in one bite.  The rice was a bit too orangy but that's easily something that could be toned down next time.  I'd never thought of putting nori in a salad like this but it was great!

Will make again!  Even Hubby liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.