Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Recipe Test: Coconut Crack Bars

Credit:  chocolatecoveredkatie.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS: 
  • Unsweetened shredded coconut
  • Maple syrup
  • Coconut oil
  • Vanilla extract
  • Salt

The recipe instructions basically give you a very small amount.  Since I knew Hubby would love this (he's a freak for anything coconut) I tripled the batch so that I could at least try them!  (You think I'm kidding ...  I'm NOT!)

After they'd been in the fridge long enough to harden I cut them into squares.  




They came out pretty easily and look like the above.   The taste reminds me of the inside of a Mounds candy bar.  In fact I bet if you threw an almond on top and then covered with primal fudge you'd basically have an Almond Joy bar!  

Hubby was kind ... I got a few.  But as expected HUBBY APPROVED!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.