Friday, May 31, 2013

Good Thing it Ain't June

So after my productive day of yard work and gardening Memorial Day weekend I woke up the next day with my lower back in agony.  I threw it out a few years back and I must have pulled it again because there was no way I was doing anything else physical.  Just moving around was bad enough that I caved in and instead of cooking dinner let Hubby pick up take out.   He wanted to do Subway which just sounded disgusting to me ... salty processed meat, white bread, who knows what it is cheese slices ... nope!  I figured it ain't June yet, if I'm going to do take out then I want something I actually crave.  Yep ... I ate a big ole cheeseburger and french fries!


Was it worth it?  Well ... the fries yes ... the burger NO!  It wasn't bad but it was ... well, disappointing.  I guess I've been romancing my old go to foods & reality sure as hell wasn't as good as the memory!  It didn't make me sick  - I was worried it would give me a 'food hangover' but it didn't.  And though my back was killing me all weekend I was right back on the wagon the next morning.  There was no way I was spending long periods of time cooking but no more 'naughty' foods.  And next time I'm thinking about it I'll probably pass!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.