Saturday, May 11, 2013

Recipe Test: Baked French Fries

Credit: marthastewart.com

Click here for original recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Potatoes
  • Olive oil
  • Dried Italian Herbs
  • Romano Cheese
  • Parsley
  • Butter
  • Salt & Pepper

Okay so I decided that Italian was NOT going to work as a side to the black bean burgers so I went off recipe immediately with this one.  Don't get me wrong - it sounds awesome & I will try them exactly to the recipe next time!

I made less than the recipe called for because obviously there are just two of us.  Instead of the Italian Herbs I used Emeril's Southwestern Seasoning (BAM!) and left out the cheese.  


Chopping up the potatoes took a while but it was worth it!  Here they are in the oven above and the finished product below:


Several of them burned but most were perfectly golden & YUMMY.  Not as crispy as fried but definitely hit the 'french fry' taste.  The southwestern seasoning worked really well with the burger - had one hell of a kick!  

I may have to try this with sweet potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.