Monday, May 20, 2013

Recipe Test: Kale Orzo Salad

credit: Ingredientsinc.net

INGREDIENTS:

  • Kale
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon
  • Dijon mustard
  • Orzo pasta
  • Cucumber
  • Red onion
  • Red bell pepper
  • Pine nuts
  • Fresh basil
  • Feta Cheese

This is another one I made last week and it made a huge portion so we had lots of leftovers!  Hubby did eat this one - he loves pasta of any kind.  


It's a cold salad so be sure to make the pasta and saute the kale with enough time for it to chill before you have to serve it.  This would be perfect to bring to a cookout or serve alongside something else.  I just had it by itself as my dinner ... and the leftovers were a nice quick lunch during the week.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.