Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Recipe Test: Pineapple Kale Coconut Smoothie

Credit:  rawfoodrecipes.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Pineapple
  • Bananas
  • Coconut Milk
  • Shredded Coconut
  • Kale


This was one of those 'it will be really good or it will be awful' recipes.  The ingredients sounded pretty good but the Kale thing just threw me.  I've had Kale in juice and smoothies now but for some reason I just didn't think this would work.  I WAS SOOOOOOO WRONG!  


I had this for lunch today and it literally made me feel like I should be on a tropical beach somewhere sipping this!  Soooo good!  The coconut milk I used was full fat as I'd learned that the coconut milk that you can get in the dairy section has all kinds of other crap in it.  Where as if you look at the ingredients in the canned version it is truly just from the coconut.  It's a lot of fat but similar to peanut butter in a smoothie that is great at keeping you full.  I have to remind myself now and again that fat isn't bad.  And coconut milk is actually good for you!  Check it out:  http://www.livestrong.com/article/409614-the-health-benefits-of-coconut-milk/

I will definitely be making this again!  I may add a bit more kale as the taste of the coconut and fruit will surely support it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.