Monday, May 20, 2013

Recipe Test: Oven Dried Strawberries

Credit:  Pinterest (unknown)

Pin said:  "Strawberries dried in the oven.  Tastes like candy.  3 hours at 210 degrees."


I got a huge container of strawberries at Whole Foods for this.  Perfect to try it since they are in season. 


Only problem ... after three hours they still were super moist ... 


And even after almost 5 hours they still were moist.  I don't know if maybe I needed to slice them thin?  Or if you really do need a dehydrator for this kind of thing.  I didn't want to waste them so I put them in a tupperware in the fridge.  They don't taste bad ... but I'd have rather eaten them fresh.

Eh ... such is life when you try new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.