Friday, May 31, 2013

Recipe Test: Chia Fresca

Credit: ohsheglows.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Coconut water (or plain water)
  • Chia seeds
  • Lemon or lime juice
  • Sweetener (maple syrup)
Photo Credit: ohsheglows.com

Forgot to take my own picture so showing the one from the site with the recipe.  Her picture is much prettier than the drink was in real life.  The chia seeds look like little bugs in the water.   That being said I grabbed this around 10AM and slowly drank it through my work day.  Next thing I know I look up and it is almost quitting time and I'd never once thought about lunch!  That DOESN'T happen so I can only assume it was this keeping the hunger at bay.  Chia seeds contain fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, omega 3 fatty acids and more!  They get this kind of gelatinous coating when they sit in water so when you drink it they slide right down no problem.  I thought it would be thick and goopy but it wasn't.  

As the original blogger said 'you'll either love it or hate it' ... I didn't love it but definitely didn't hate it.  And if it keeps me full and is good for me then worth having again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.