Monday, May 20, 2013

Recipe Test: Earth Green Juice

Credit: barefootandfrolicking.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Apples
  • Lemon
  • Ginger
  • Cucumber
  • Broccoli
  • Kale stems


I wanted a green juice recipe to drink most of the days of this week.  This got me because it literally says "leftover kale stems" and I knew I'd have quite a bit of those from my smoothies!  This is the first time I've juiced broccoli ... you wouldn't think you could juice broccoli but it works.  Other than the sweet potato I'd have to say broccoli is the most surprising in terms of my juicing journey.  

It's good - not my favorite but definitely worth making.  I think it is good it isn't as sweet as some of the other juices that I've been having.  I'd like to get myself used to more vegetables and less fruit.  Fruit is great and all but the veggies are what I need to get.  I have no problem eating fruit- never have.  But I could go literally weeks without eating anything green.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.