Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Recipe Test: Spinach with Parmesan-Bread Crumbs

Credit: weightwatchers.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Olive oil
  • Breadcrumbs
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Garlic
  • Baby Spinach
  • Salt

 This is clearly supposed to be a side item but I decided to make it my dinner tonight.   I mean you'd have a salad with some cheese and croutons and dressing for dinner right?  Well ... basically that's what this is - a huge spinach salad!



I didn't have course bread crumbs so I just used regular whole wheat ones.  I immediately thought "woah this is too many" and I was right.  I could have done with about half of what the recipe called for.


It always amazes me how fresh spinach shrinks down when cooked.  I got A LOT of spinach in this dinner tonight!  

 

It was good but if I had to make it again I'd go heavier on the garlic and lighter on the breadcrumbs.  Just personal taste.  Worth trying!  Easy & quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.