Saturday, June 8, 2013

Recipe Test: Kale Avocado Soup

Credit: aharmonyhealing.com

Click here for full recipe


Ingredients:

  • Coconut oil
  • Onion
  • Celery
  • Salt
  • Garlic
  • Kale
  • Lemon
  • Vegetable broth
  • Avocado
  • Black pepper



This one is very similar to the Broccoli Soup recipe but with Kale & Avocado.  Chopping the ingredients, then letting the kale get soft by leaving it to simmer a while.  Then blend!


I don't think I'd have gotten this brand of blender if my neighbor hadn't raved about hers.  I'm not one to usually go for infomercial products ... but it is pretty decent.  It's got a huge blade vs just the one at the bottom so it gets the big stuff quickly.  Plus it has a single serving option and two containers so you can literally just blend and go.  Well ... back to the soup.


Very easy to make but I have to admit I didn't like it at all.  Kale is bitter and that bitterness was the main taste of this soup.  Honestly a waste of an avocado in my opinion.   Hubby liked it ... hubby is crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.