Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Big Mistake!

So my goal for June was to finally start making a conscious effort to lose weight.  To do so I created a 'diet' version of the whole / real foods plan.  So ... I should have realized that like all diets before a self created one would be just as effective.  Not long after I started I noticed that I was craving food items.  French fries. Chocolate.  And strangely, meat!   I literally was dreaming about eating burgers, steaks, sausage ... not exactly a sign of a mind at peace!

I stuck with it thinking willpower would get me through.  After all I did almost six months of Nutrisystem nasty ass food.  Food that NEVER expires?  Yep - now I know better!  Anyway, I caught myself slipping.  Hubby and I went out for dinner and instead of the salad I knew I should get I ordered the burger and fries I'd been dreaming of.  And this time no regrets ... I thought that giving in to my craving would be a good thing as then I'd have gotten it out of my system.  Nope - not even a day later I was right back at dreaming of naughty foods.  We had horrible news last week in that there was a death in our family.  I'd meant to go to the grocery but with everything ended up not going and found myself standing in front of an empty fridge trying to figure out what to eat for dinner.  Jimmy Johns to the rescue.  It was way too easy to slip back into old habits and find excuses.

So lesson learned.  No diet.  I'm back to the basic whole food rules and am meal planning again.  I'm simply going to have to get my ass up and be more active to get the weight off.  The back yard will FINALLY get started this week so soon I'll be able to get out there gardening.  Walking the dogs would be damn good for me and for them too.  I have a gym membership I almost never use.  There's no excuse other than my laziness.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.