Saturday, June 8, 2013

Recipe Test: Carrot Cake Smoothie

Credit: ohsheglows.com

Click here for full recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Carrot
  • Coconut milk
  • Banana
  • Chia seeds
  • Vanilla extract
  • Cinnamon
  • Vanilla protein powder


If you like real carrot cake you'll like this.   I'm not really a fan of it but I thought I'd try this out for one of my lunches.  It's not horrible, just not enough veggies and I don't like using protein powder.  The kind I had at hand was a whey protein and the ingredient list was full of things I couldn't pronounce.  Not exactly along the lines of the 'real food rules' I've been on since January.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.