Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yard Almost Done & Domestic Diva Denied

Interesting change of events.  Hubby has declared he is no longer interested in having me cook for him.  He's back to fending for himself.  Odd ... since he whined so much about the week I left him be on his own.  I didn't quite believe him at first but this past week he stuck to it.  He grazed a bit on some of what I'd bought at the grocery but didn't even touch the dinners I made or the leftovers.

Now I'm in kind of a pickle ... I've learned cooking for one is TOUGH!  I'd get bored at the same leftovers all week.  We don't have a lot of freezer space to kind of single portion things out and save for later.  I'm lousy at cutting down recipes and getting them right - every time I try it seems to screw it up.  Plus now he's back to trying to get me to go out to dinner a lot and that I know is trouble.  I've been slipping back into bad habits already I don't need to add restaurants to the mix ... and alcohol?  The second I go there I give into a burger and fries FAST!  Not the way to go!  This past week was rough ... bad week at work plus dealing with wound up dogs because their backyard is full of contractors add pms and I was primed and ready for a slippery slope to bad habits.  In fact one night I literally dreamed of nothing but drinking soda.  The entire dream was me sneaking soda, going great lengths to get it & drinking A LOT of it ... like an alcoholic only soda!  Diet, regular ... you name it!  I woke up like 'What the F?!'   This lady was grumpy, growly ... full on pissy!  And pissy tends to =


Photo Credit: www.redorbit.com

Actually I probably shouldn't refer to it in the past tense.  The good Hubby has also decided that he hates most of what is being done in the back yard.  It's the old "I want nothing to do with it - the planning, the back & forth with the contractors ... it's all yours!" ... gave me the budget and that was that.  But now that it's almost done Oy do his opinions come out!   "What are they doing here ... are they going to make this wider?" ... "The raised bed block is awful!  I'm going to have to paint it and it is coming out of your budget" ...

I get a little well ...

Photo credit: simpsons.wikia.com 

Now don't get me wrong ... I'd never advise a woman to marry a man with no opinions.   Marrying a wuss with no sass to him would never have worked for me - I'd have trampled him over & gotten bored fast.   But there are indeed days that a wussy variety sounds nice.  Kind of like those days when you sit at your desk and think 'I'd rather be a Walmart greeter than this shit!' ... you mean it in the moment but after you've settled down you pretty well know you'd go postal if it was true.  I'll love Hubby again tomorrow no doubt but as of right now after I had a little hissy on his commentary on the backyard I think he might be scared of me.


Photo Credit: www.vixenontheloose.com

He's not wise enough to back off for long though ... he'll start poking at me later to see how much of a rise he can get out of me.  It's like a game to him.  I would definitely recommend to other women to be CAREFUL before you marry the oldest of several siblings ... when his younger brothers & sisters are no longer around to pick on the urge will not go away and he'll turn it on YOU!  (and yep - I'm the youngest so it drives me crazy!)  This is what will be in store for me later tonight ...

Photo Credit: damnthatswhack.tumblr.com 






2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, parts of this really cracked me up! I understand the dilemma, although mine involves my 16 year old declaring he hates all my food. Ugh! I never know what to get for him at the store anymore, and I am not making 2 separate meals anyway. I told him he better learn to cook his own then! Drives me nuts! My husband loves healthy eating and cooking, so that works well at least. He is a vegetarian also, even easier :) Maybe if you just has the fixings to throw a meal together for yourself. It's quick and easy to make a veggie platter, or some guacamole, and being Summer time you will have more fresh options. Fruits and veggies, I could graze on happily. Nuts are another great source of protein. I often don't technically "cook" a big meal, as I like to graze when I am hungry, keeping my food as close to nature as possible. You can still do the smoothies too, and if you must eat out, just do your best. You will screw up, of course, just get back on the wagon and keep trying to stay healthy. And heck, have a soda, a real one with real sugar, if you must. The craving will go away, and 1 soda won't hurt. I rarely crave soda anymore, and this is coming from someone who had a 3 mountain Dews a day habit for many years. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a Dew. If I really want a soda, I go to the store and get sassparilla soda made with real cane sugar. Avoid the phony sugars at all costs, and any other phony food for that matter. Good luck! Don't give up! <3

    ReplyDelete

  2. I won't Lisa! Thanks! Curious - when did you go vegetarian? I haven't given up meat or dairy yet - still thinking about it. Meat remains a rare occasion but I do crave it now and again. Dairy is going to be tough if I decide to give it up. As I looked into it I laughed because basically the advice out there is often leading you straight back to the fake crap! GMO soy fake patties ... fake milk with ridiculous ingredients ... one blog I saw actually suggested bacos! No thank you!

    I'm paying more for grass fed meat & dairy, pasture raised chicken / eggs ... that is actually healthier & also does my animal lover conscious some good too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.