Saturday, January 26, 2013

Recipe Test: Southwestern Chicken Wraps

Credit: www. marthastewart.com

Click here for full recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Sour cream (the recipe called for reduced fat but I used REAL!)
  • Pickled jalapenos (I got "brave" and used 1/2 of one fresh jalapeno)
  • Lime juice
  • Sandwich wraps (tortillas)
  • Baby spinach
  • Shredded chicken
  • Black beans
  • Tomato
  • Red onion
  • Avocado



I took a picture of it before I wrapped it up.  I guess I didn't really need a side salad for this meal since it is pretty much a salad in a tortilla!  Even so I had leftovers enough to have the taco salad I made the night before just without the lettuce and with more cucumber.  I must admit I didn't finish it ... I was stuffed part way through.  I could feel the guilt kick in at the thought of not "cleaning my plate" - wow is that just ingrained in from so many years!  Even with no one around (hubby on business trip this week) I felt bad about it.  Now had hubby been here I definitely would have heard it - he's HUGE on not wasting food & is the president of the 'Clean your plate' club!   Since I knew he wouldn't be here to eat with me this week my meal plan is lighter in terms of no side dishes.  And other than the leftover shredded chicken I've got no meat on the menu!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.