Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recipe Test: Mashed Potatoes

I wanted my meal exactly like the picture in the recipe for Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot so that meant a salad and mashed potatoes.


A salad I can handle ... but other than instant I've never made mashed potatoes and there wasn't a recipe on the same blog for the chicken.  So ... Google here I come!

Perfect Mashed Potatoes - credit simplyrecipes.com


INGREDIENTS: 
  • yukon gold potatoes
  • salt
  • heavy cream (I'd just bought my first gallon of whole milk so I figured we'd stick with that) 
  • butter
  • 1 tbsp milk
  • salt & pepper  
Click here to see original recipe and instructions. 

NOTES: 

Mine were a little runny because I just added 5 tbsp of whole milk right up front instead of reading closely but they were still good.   I also Googled about freezing leftovers since this said it serves 4. Turns out if you add an egg frozen mashed potatoes still taste good later.  I tried it - we'll see.   Great tip about using a muffin tin - just oil / spray the tin and then put the potatoes in the holes in individual portions.  Freeze.  Then remove from tin and put in a plastic bag in the freezer.  Haven't tried them re-heated yet but will let you know how they taste!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.