Saturday, January 19, 2013

Recipe Test: Pasta with Green Olive Pesto

Credit:  Real Simple.com

Click here for full recipe.

INGREDIENTS:


  • Whole wheat pasta
  • Garlic
  • Green olives
  • Fresh parsley
  • Fresh basil
  • Olive oil
  • Black olives
  • Kosher salt



The recipe calls for spaghetti but I decided to go with shells.  The pesto smelled really good with all that garlic.  Sadly this is my first recipe that have have to say that I will not make again.  It's funny ... I love olives.  I love pesto.  I love pasta.   Why did I hate this?  It was kind of blah.  Shockingly little flavor for all that smell.

Give it a try yourself and see if you like it - it's easy enough and not horrible.  Hubby scoffed it down (all the leftovers too).  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.