Saturday, January 26, 2013

Recipe Test: Honey Lime Enchiladas

Credit:  www.sixsistersstuff.com

Click here for full recipe

INGREDIENTS: 
  • Honey
  • Lime juice
  • Chili powder
  • Garlic powder
  • Shredded chicken
  • Flour tortillas
  • Green enchilada sauce
  • Heavy cream



I was excited about this one.  As I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of Mexican food usually because I have a hard time with 'hot' spicy.  But with my success with the fajitas I've gotten brave.  Plus my taste buds are really changing so I decided what the hell!  Oh ... and the honey in the title didn't exactly turn me off - I LOVE honey!   

I made a little taco salad recipe I found for a side salad.  Definitely needed since there are no veggies in this dish ... I guess technically there are in the sauce but I'm no longer allowing such rationalization in my life!  

Dinner looked so good I had to take a picture ... got the sign above my stove on purpose - it had always been ironic since no cooking took place in the kitchen but now it seems fitting!  Well ... maybe more fitting if it was a french dish... 




Once again I tried to fill up a good half of my plate with the salad.  I still can't believe how many fresh veggies I'm getting and that I'm actually enjoying them.  I could go months and months before without any - no I'm not kidding and yes I know how sad that is!   

My husband LOVED this dish ... and I'm pretty lucky he did because sadly I didn't.  Funny thing is that it wasn't the spicy that turned me off  - it was the honey!  The sauce was great but once you got to the marinated chicken inside the sweet just didn't seem to belong.  I kept asking my hubby "You really like this?" ... I ate it because I made it and felt I had to give it a chance.  Hubby happily ate up all the leftovers because this one is literally the only one I ate.  I will definitely be making enchiladas again but bean or veggie of some sort.  Maybe I'll make a partial pan of these for the hubby - he did really love them.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.