Saturday, January 26, 2013

Recipe Test: Black Bean Taco Salad with Green Chile-Honey Mustard Dressing

Credit: fullandcontent.blogspot.com

Click here to see the full recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

  • Roasted hatch green chiles (okay I'll admit I ignored this in the recipe & left it out because of my fear of 'hot' spicy ... I'm making progress but I'm not "there" yet!)
  • Lime juice
  • White wine vinegar
  • Olive oil
  • Dijon mustard
  • Honey
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Onion
  • Jicama
  • Cucumber
  • Black beans
  • Avocado
  • Tortilla chips (I left these out too)


I used this as a side salad for the Honey Lime Enchiladas.  It was good.  I think the dressing was a little sweet.  (I seriously can't believe I've now said something was TOO SWEET twice!  I don't know if I should be proud of myself or make a reservation for a padded cell in the mental ward of the local hosptial!).   I may actually try the peppers in the dressing next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.