Thursday, January 24, 2013

Recipe Test: Roasted Zucchini, Onion & Peppers

Credit:  www.marthastewart.com

Click here for original recipe.

INGREDIENTS:

  • Zucchini
  • Bell Peppers
  • Red onion
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper



Again ... Real food is simply PRETTY!  I love how the colors get me excited about my meal - this is an unexpected perk of learning to cook for me.  I'm not sure why I never thought about it but I didn't.  Learning to cook was just a means to an end of feeding myself and getting rid of the diet roller-coaster.  Little did I expect to really truly enjoy it and have little moments of appreciation of what nature / God provides us.  


A note:  HOLY CRAP the heat hits you when you open the oven on this one!   I must remember to stand back for a moment, not immediately lean down and put my hand and face closer to take out what is in there - who knew it could make you tear up like that?!  Okay fine - cooks know this ... but I'm no cook ... YET!) 

This are surprisingly good.  I think that the zucchini need to be sliced thinner and maybe somehow remove some of the moisture from them (will google!) as they can be a bit soggy but otherwise WOW!  I literally caught myself thinking "I could be a vegetarian" on this one ... but I have all that pulled chicken leftover ... so just a thought, not an action! 

I served as a side to Quiche - yummy dinner!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.