Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recipe Test: Home Made Ranch Dressing / Dip

Credit:  100 Days Whole Foods Blog / $5 Dinner Mom

Of course I had to have the salad for my full fledged grown up Whole Chicken in a Stock Pot dinner too! I can figure out salad but no longer can I just go into the fridge and grab the bottle of Ranch Dressing ... uh oh ... but once again Lisa to the rescue as I begin my journey into Whole / Real Foods.  She had a Ranch Flavored Dip on her site that she tweaked from $5 Dinner Mom's dressing so I gave it a try! 

Click here for original $5 Dinner Mom Recipe

INGREDIENTS: 
  • dried parsley
  • dried dill
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • dried basil
  • pepper

Now I have to confess that I did use the leftover Kraft Mayo in my fridge ... I had exactly 1/3 cup left and with how much the Whole Foods version with olive oil cost it PAINED me to throw out the Kraft and start on that right away.   Thankfully my Cuisinart book came with a recipe for home made mayo so I think I'll be giving that a try when my Whole Foods one runs out.  I don't have mayo often but I'm kind of a snob about it ...  I can smell light or fat free or flavored mayo from a mile away - YUCK!  



This dressing was OUTSTANDING though.  Not quite what I think of as ranch flavor but every bit as good.  Well worth making again!  (and hopefully just as yummy with the fancy Whole Foods mayo or homemade!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.