Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Shout Out to Moms & A Naughty Puppy!

Unfortunately life took a turn a few years back and long story short I am not and will not be a a real mommy.   As I learn to cook I do realize just how hard working moms must have it!  How do they do it?!  Work all day ... shuttle the kids around ... AND put a good healthy meal on the table!  No wonder quick and processed foods have taken off so much as our culture changed from "a woman's place is in the home" to what we have today.  To anyone who knows me and knows how hard it was to come to the realization that my life would be one without kids this will seem a very strange statement ... but lately I'm almost glad I am "just a doggie mommy", not a real one.  I'm not sure I could juggle it all and be ... well ... not a crazy mean  b*tch!   What?!  I'm feisty already - add stress and I'm just plain growly!

Speaking of being a "doggie mommy" ... I am torturing my poor dogs with all this cooking!  We have three ... a little female Jack Russell Terrier named Pumpkin who is a grumpy old lady at the age of 13 (she even growls in her sleep!) ... a plump male Jack Russell Terrier named Oliver because he is the little orphan (Jack Russell Rescue Rocks!) who landed in the lap of spoiled rotten luxury - he's around six ... and our baby - a 75 pound Rottie mix that I nicknamed Biggy.  (My husband picked his name and it is DUMB so I use his nickname).  Now to call him a Rottie sounds strange because a full bread Rottweiler compared to my dog is like a sumo wrestler compared to a basketball player.   He's lean and lanky from whatever else is in there who has just reached his adult size as he's about 1 1/2 years old.  (The Nebraska Human Society Rocks too!) Honestly, I don't care what he is ... he's a big ball of goofy love bug! BUT ... Biggy is a real problem when it comes to cooking because he can actually reach the counter.  Case in point ... 

Last week I was busy working ... I work from home in an attic bedroom converted into a nice little office ... and Biggy started whining and pacing like he needed to go out.   So down the stairs we all go ... but Biggy didn't want out - he wanted the Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot that was on the counter!   


THIS is where he immediately went and um ... NO HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT!  Thank God my crock pot has one of those bungie chord things to strap the lid on or he may have opened it up and taken a big old bite out of that chicken!  



"What?!  I'm just guarding it for you mom!"

Nice try Biggy ... nice try. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.