Friday, February 22, 2013

Recipe Test: Superfood Salad

Credit: mommyimhungry.blogspot.com

Click here for full recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Quinoa
  • Red onion
  • Orange
  • Avocado
  • Black beans
  • Pomegranate
  • Edamame
  • Cilantro
  • Shrimp
  • Salt & pepper
  • Lemon
  • Garlic
  • Honey
  • Olive oil



Another salad that while I was making it I was thinking how pretty it was!  All the different colors and textures.  And the best part ... no cooking which meant very few dishes! 


Now-a-days I feel like the dishes are NEVER done!  I always fill the dishwasher before I start cooking ... and again after I'm done ... but there is always at least something left and so by the time breakfast & lunch are done and it is dinner again the sink is full.   So this made me VERY happy!


Again I forgot how filling quinoa is and gave myself a hefty portion that I could not finish.  Sadly hubby looked at the recipe and refused to even try it so I was on my own.  My only complaint is that what makes it so good (fresh fresh fresh!) means it really doesn't do as leftovers.  So sadly after trying for a couple of days to finish it all off I had my very first time throwing out food since cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.