Friday, February 22, 2013

Recipe Test: Clean Eating Chicken & Dumplings

Credit: thegraciouspantry.com

Click here for full recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Chicken broth
  • Marjoram
  • Garlic powder
  • Chicken
  • Olive oil
  • Onion
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Whole wheat pastry flour
  • Salt
  • Milk


I have forever loved chicken and dumplings.  It is in my opinion a perfect example of 'comfort food'.   The night I cooked it was perfect for it too as it was a cold winter night where something warm and hearty just made sense.


The recipe gave a slow cooker version - which I figured I'd use until I saw that really the conventional was even easier.  It didn't take long to cook - just long enough for the chicken to cook through and by then the dumplings were also done.


The rich chicken stock I'd made from the Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot as well as the whole wheat flour is why I think it has this orange / goldish color.


It definitely hit the spot!  And this one got the hubby seal of approval!  Damn good leftovers microwaved for lunch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.