Friday, February 22, 2013

Recipe Test: Crispy Mushroom, Spinach & Avocado Quesadillas

Credit: Cookieandkate.com

Click here for full recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Olive oil
  • Red onion
  • Salt
  • Mushrooms
  • Spinach
  • Lime
  • Jack or Cheddar cheese
  • Avocado
  • Whole Wheat Tortillas
  • Salsa 

This recipe was not as easy as I thought it would be, but only because of the part where you are supposed to spread cheese on the outside of the tortilla and then flip it back over on the griddle to make it crispy.  I could not for the life of me figure out how to then get it to come off ... the cheese was like GLUE onto the pan so my tortillas ripped and some of the insides came out.  So they didn't end up pretty ... 


But they did turn out pretty yummy!  And with a side of kale chips they were a big hit.  The bits of crispy that I was able to manage definitely made a big difference in terms of how they tasted ... maybe I don't have the right kind of pan or there is some trick to it that wasn't in the recipe.  I'll try them again sometime for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.