Friday, February 22, 2013

Recipe Test: Kale Chips

Credit: 100 Days of Real Food

Click Here for recipe


I have to admit I have never had kale and was pretty skeptical but I'd heard of kale chips before and everything was positive.  When I saw them in my favorite blog I figured I have to give it a try!   Well ... they were right  - they are pretty damn good.  Now I'm not going to bull sh*t you - they aren't potato chips, but they are crunchy and a really great way to get your leafy greens!


Here they are drizzled with olive oil and ready for the oven.  They shrink up quite a bit while cooking.  This is what they look like done:


Hard to believe that's the same amount, isn't it?   I ended up serving them as a side to a quesadilla recipe dish I'd found.  They even were hubby approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.