Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recipe Test: Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas

Credit:  thegardengrazer.com

Click here for the full recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Vegetable broth
  • Tomato paste
  • Flour
  • Olive oil
  • Cumin
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • Chili powder
  • Salt / Pepper
  • Black beans
  • Corn
  • Spinach
  • Green onions
  • Cilantro
  • Cheese of your choice 
  • Whole wheat tortillas 


LOTS of yummy ingredients go into the 'innards' of these!  As I put them all in the bowl I thought 'oooh - I could eat it just like this!' ... What?!  I was hungry! ... I didn't ... 


But seriously ... can you see why I was tempted?  Looks like a damn good salad!  


Homemade sauce with this recipe too!  Pretty easy to make, made me wonder why people buy it canned.  


Hmmmmm .... cheese on top ready to go in the oven ... 


Hmmmmmmmm .... cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!   Sorry ... I love melted cheese - nothing like it!  I chose a monterrey jack & cheddar mix but you could choose whatever you like.  



Side salad of course to finish out the meal!  And dinner is served: 


Overall a hit!  I was surprised that I actually found them a little bland.  I'd probably add a little more salt / pepper 'to taste' ... every time the recipe said that I pretty much ignored it.  I figure my taste buds have changed so why bother to add salt to everything?   But this one did need a little.   Otherwise damn good and will be making again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.