Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recipe Test: Split Pea Soup

Credit: closetcooking.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Oil
  • Onion
  • Carrots
  • Celery
  • Garlic
  • Split peas
  • Ham broth
  • Bay leaves
  • Rosemary
  • Thyme
  • Red pepper flakes
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Ham
  • Parsley

Another quick and easy recipe.  The only issue is you have to let it sit and simmer for about 2 hours so not something to start at 5PM for dinner that night.  I had left over ham from the Hoppin' John recipe that I needed to use.  Oh and guess who likes ham again?  Yep!  Now that he's feeling well he's in love with ham.  

Lots of goodies in this soup - here is a better pic where you can tell: 


Makes a BIG batch so be ready for leftovers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.