Friday, April 19, 2013

Recipe Test: Lighter Sesame Chicken

Credit:  iowagirleats.com

Click here for original recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Brown rice
  • Honey
  • Sesame seeds
  • Soy sauce
  • Garlic
  • Egg
  • Cornstarch
  • Chicken breasts
  • Oil
  • Green onions
  • Broccoli

This was the first meal I made after being sick for several days and honestly I barely had the energy to cook so I totally forgot to take pictures.   Those below are from iowagirleats.  I'll definitely make this again so will add my own pics when I do! 

Photo Credit: www.iowagirleats.com

Photo Credit: www.iowagirleats.com
 Great pics huh?  I swear some of these bloggers are professional photographers as well as cooks.  And this girl even has CUTE chopsticks!  Way to show me up Iowa Girl ... I love you anyway.  I have to being from Iowa and oh - because so far those recipes I've tried of yours ROCK! 

This one was easy - even for my sick grumbly exhausted self it was worth the effort.   And the sauce tasted EXACTLY like what you think of in terms of sesame chicken at a restaurant.  Sooooo good!  The meal honestly made me dream of having my own wife to cook for me when I'm too tired to cook for myself ... just eating a real meal instead of leftovers made me feel better.  I gobbled it up - had some nice hot tea with honey and was in bed by 8PM to the fumes of vics vapor rub & my humidifier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.