Sunday, April 14, 2013

Dreaming of Cough Syrup with Codeine in it!

And the verdict is in ... despite coming straight home and loading up on healthy food by Wednesday I was stuffy and my throat was starting to hurt.  I ran to the grocery after work to load up on more juice & tea makings to fight it but by Friday I was down for the count.

The new look of being sick in our house?  Tah dah!


If you look closely I do still have apples under there but the main juice this week was 1 grapefruit, 3 oranges & a lime.  Yummy but done on purpose to try to zap me with Vitamin C.  I've been making homemade tea but also bought two new kinds for when I didn't feel like making any.  I'm glad I did because by Friday I didn't even have the energy to make juice.


Here's the homemade tea I found.  There were two versions both very similar.  Slice up some fresh ginger, squeeze a lemon (or an orange & a lemon) in the water, add fresh sage and steep.  Add honey to taste ... 




Sadly if it helped I can't tell.  I had to take off work on Friday and have been down for the count all weekend.  I've basically slept & drank tea & watched the first two seasons of Nurse Jackie.  Thank God for leftovers or I wouldn't be eating because I have no energy to cook.  I dread trying to work tomorrow but I know I have to.  After my lovely days off for my reaction to the beets not too long ago I don't need to be taking any more time off sick.

One good thing is that because I've felt lousy I definitely have met my 'balance' goal for reasonable work hours and rest!  Though I'm not sure it really counts since I'd have done it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! That tea looks good. I would have to agree though, nothing beats rest.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.