Sunday, April 21, 2013

Recipe Test: Rosemary Potato Kale Tart

Credit: The Kitchy Kitchen

Click here for full recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Rose potatoes
  • Rosemary
  • Olive oil
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Kale
  • Yellow onion
  • Butter
  • Ricotta
  • Salt & pepper
  • Note:  You can make your own pie crust - I chose to be lazy & buy a ready frozen whole wheat crust with minimal ingredients at Whole Foods. 
Oliver agrees - it's a day for lazy! 
 I've got a thing for pies and tarts so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I immediately saved it.  All in all it was pretty minimal effort.  Had I made the crust myself obviously it would have taken more time.



The 'innards' are basically onions, kale, ricotta cheese and seasoning.  I didn't need as many potatoes as the recipe called for - I used just two of the four and had leftovers even from that.  I don't have a mandolin or I'd have sliced them up thinner than this and maybe put more than one layer on top.


 Sprinkle on top the rosemary leaves and parm.  A little salt and pepper ... and here's what the end result looks like:


It is pretty isn't it?   That is until you cut it!  Didn't exactly get it out of the pan in one piece ....

Portion note - that is salad / luncheon plate.  

It is really very good!  The fresh rosemary is what I think makes the dish.  Amazing how a little leaf can be so flavorful!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.