Saturday, July 13, 2013

Recipe Test: Crispy Kale and Mushroom Fried Rice

Credit:  appetiteforchina.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Rice (I used brown)
  • Peanut oil
  • Scallions
  • Ginger (fresh)
  • Shiitake mushrooms
  • Kale
  • Hoisin sauce
  • Soy sauce
  • Salt & Pepper


One of the first meals I made after Hubby boycotted my cooking.  I figured I could make the full recipe and it would be easy lunches / leftovers for the week.  


I love mushrooms of any kind and shiitake especially.  The results were pretty good.  The Hoison sauce has some ingredients that aren't exactly "real" food but it calls for a very small amount & I had no idea what to substitute so bought some.   Was just as good as leftovers but I'll admit it made a lot and by the end of the week I was sick of it!  Gotta figure out a better way of this cooking for one stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.