Saturday, July 13, 2013

Recipe Test: Blueberry Corn Salad

Credit: Twopeasandtheirpod.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Sweet corn (on the cob)
  • Blueberries
  • Cucumber
  • Red onion
  • Cilantro
  • Jalapeno pepper
  • Lime juice
  • Olive oil
  • Honey
  • Cumin
  • Salt & Pepper
It's getting to be sweet corn season and in true Iowa girl fashion I LOVE me some sweet corn!  I was a little scared of the jalapeno after my recent veggie burger hot pepper fiasco but I followed the recipe and it was perfect. 


Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!  Perfect perfect PERFECT corn - super sweet!  Iowa girl heaven!


As I was chopping the cucumber up I was dreaming of later this summer when I have my own (hopefully!) from the back yard!


Fresh blueberries from Whole Foods.  I may try my hand at blueberry bushes next year ... we'll see.


The pictures on the recipe site are much prettier but OH MY GOD IS THIS GOOD!  I made a full batch and will happily eat it all week long!  Easy to make and would be perfect to bring to a barbeque.  The pepper is just barely there - the sweet of the blueberries and corn counteracts it so it doesn't have the 'mexican' flare I was thinking it would.  Yum yum YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.