Thursday, February 7, 2013

An Unexpected "Side-effect"

So I have to admit that I had a HORRIBLE day at work today.  I do really like my job but not every day is a good day and today wasn't.  It's been a rough couple of weeks of long long hours and a lot of pressure.  By the end of the day I was at my wit's end and my stress level was off the charts.  On days like this I am truly thankful that I work from home so that my coworkers cannot witness me in such a state.  I believe in being positive and I was definitely raised with a work ethic to 'buck up' in tough times and keep going with a smile.   Today that smile was gone and I was in no way positive.

I came downstairs still grumbling to myself.  Grumbling about personal and professional balance ... thinking of how off our culture has gone down the road of imbalance of how 60 hours a week is the new 40 hours.  If I didn't have to be home to be available for a work call tonight (grumble grumble) Hubby would have been able to convince me to go to our favorite neighborhood bar & grill and have a drink ... which I know would have probably lead to bar food.  Not real, not good.  Instead as planned I grumbled while I started dinner...

Something amazing happened.  As I cooked I relaxed.  I flipped on my little ipod boom box and cranked up the music.  Before I knew it I stopped grumbling and started jamming - yes ... I was the goofy lady dancing and singing around the kitchen using the rolling pin as my microphone.

Photo Credit: http://diannesylvan.com/nonfiction/songs-from-the-white-nerdy-kitchen

Work far from my mind ... stress gone.  Feeling back to me.  By the time it was done and I sat down to eat all it had melted away.  Whodathunkit?  Domestic activity relieves stress?  Wow.  Maybe all this is going to be good for me in a whole different way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.