Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recipe Test: Farmers Market Salad with Spiced Goat Cheese Rounds

Credit:  epicurious.com

Click here for recipe

INGREDIENTS:

  • Sesame seeds
  • Cumin
  • Paprika
  • Thyme
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Goat cheese
  • Red wine vinegar
  • Shallot
  • Dijon mustard
  • Olive oil
  • Potatoes (recipe called for baby new but I subbed and used a sweet potato)
  • Green beans
  • Salad greens 
  • Basil 
  • Cherry or Grape tomatoes
  • Black olives

This recipe was perfect for our goal this week of almost 100% veggies so it was one of the first things I put on the meal plan.  I was curious if it would taste good ... it seemed like such a random mix of ingredients to me.  


I knew I'd love the goat cheese but I was worried about the rest ... but I must say this salad has opened my mind!  I will now be exploring all kinds of 'weird' salad recipes because this was sooooooo good!  I can't imagine how it would taste in the summer when it could truly come from a farmer's market or better from my own backyard!  I'll definitely be keeping this one and finding out!  Hubby approved as well!


Note later:  Tried again with baby potatoes like the recipe calls for ... both Hubby & I agree sweet potatoes make it better!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know you visited and what you think! I'm also thankful for any ideas, tips or suggestions as I'm still learning to cook and to live a real / whole foods lifestyle.